Master Control Operator
Sorensen Media Group (SMG), a privately-held media and entertainment company in the Mariana Islands with holdings in television, radio, and internet broadcasting, is looking for a Master Control Operator to join our team at Broadcast Centre, Acanta Mall, located in Tumon.
- Radio Stations include Power 98 FM, Newstalk K57 AM, 105 The Kat FM, and The Shark on Guam, and Power 99 FM on Saipan.
- Television Stations include ABC7 and Fox6 on Guam and ABC7 on Saipan.
- Radio and nightly television news is provided to each station and the internet by our news organization The Pacific News Center, Guam (PNC).
- Red Dragon Productions provides audio, video, and digital production and marketing services across social media platforms for our clients.
We believe that new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
SMG’s Master Control Operator will be primarily responsible for monitoring on air streams for our ABC and Fox affiliate channels, switching local content during live network programming, and ingest of network programming and commercials into playout systems.
MCO will have propensity for learning and maintaining company standards, in carrying out assigned responsibilities with passion, diligence, and integrity.
- Coordinate live and recorded programming for broadcast
- Monitor the playout system for proper event execution; accurately check every aspect of each log in the automation system for national and local programs/content
- Proactively analyses system and effectively communicates with programming and engineering departments to identify potential issues and propose solutions
- Verifies material airing via the program log; researches and contacts appropriate source for missing material
- Prepare syndicated programming
- Run commercial breaks during newscasts, as well as high value network and sports programming
- Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
- Operate Rushworks playout systems and equipment
- Develop knowledge of and ensure compliance with FCC monitoring and EAS procedures
- Observing transmitters and taking readings
- Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists.
- Acquires content from various distributors.
- Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Attention to details is imperative.
- Applicant must be able to multi-task
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions
- Ability to learn specialized software applications
- Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
- Experience in a master control NOC preferred
- Knowledge of automated playout systems preferred
- Ability to use IT-based equipment in a broadcast environment
- Knowledge of satellite spot delivery systems preferred
- Familiarity with server playback and recording
- Must be able to work independently and have the ability to problem-solve
- Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, holidays,* and weekends*
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Bachelors’ degree in telecommunications preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in Master Control is preferred
- Candidates receiving a written offer letter of employment will be required to undergo a drug test
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
- Military training and experience in related field will be considered.
Part time and full time positions will be considered. This may be your first steps in establishing a career in Broadcast and Media at the top rated radio and television teams on island.
For more information, visit https://sorensenmediagroup.com/